Welcome to the world of Baxi Point of Sale (POS)! If you’re looking to venture into the realm of digital payments, streamline your business operations, and enhance your customers’ experience, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this comprehensive guide, we will unravel the secrets to obtaining the highly sought-after Baxi POS system, covering everything from charges and daily targets to POS machine prices and requirements.
Whether you own a small retail store, manage a bustling restaurant, or operate a service-based business, this cutting-edge point of sale solution promises to simplify your payment processes and elevate your overall efficiency.
Throughout this guide, we will look into the key aspects of acquiring a Baxi POS. We will shed light on the charges involved, ensuring transparency as we explore the financial investment required for this transformative system.
Additionally, we will outline the daily targets you can set to maximize your business’s earning potential and the various ways in which the Baxi POS can help you achieve them.
How To Get Baxi POS
To get a Baxi POS, follow these steps:
- Download the Baxi App or Visit the Website: Begin by downloading the Baxi mobile application from your device’s app store or visit their official website.
- Register an Agent Account: Once you have the app installed or access the website, sign up for an agent account using your phone number. This will involve providing your basic details and creating a secure password.
- Upgrade to Baxi Pro: To access the Baxi POS feature, you need to upgrade your account to Baxi Pro. This requires providing your Bank Verification Number (BVN) during the registration process. The BVN is a unique identification number linked to your bank account and helps verify your identity.
- Request Baxi mPOS or Android POS: After upgrading to Baxi Pro, you can request either the Baxi mobile Point of Sale (mPOS) or an Android POS machine, depending on your preference and business requirements. The mPOS is a mobile-based solution that allows you to accept payments using your smartphone or tablet, while the Android POS machine is a dedicated device for processing transactions.
- Fill out the Baxi POS Registration Form: Once you’ve selected your preferred POS option, you will need to fill out the Baxi POS registration form. This form captures important information about your business, such as its name, address, type of business, and other relevant details. Ensure that you provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- Submit the Registration Form for Review: After completing the form, review all the details for accuracy and completeness. Once you are satisfied, submit the registration form for review by Baxi. Their team will assess your application and verify the information provided.
- Await Approval and Installation: After submitting your registration form, you will need to wait for Baxi to review and approve your application. This process may take some time, as they evaluate the suitability of your business for the Baxi POS system. Once your application is approved, Baxi will contact you to schedule the installation of the POS machine or provide instructions on how to set up the mPOS.
Baxi POS Charges
Here is a breakdown of the charges associated with some common transactions:
- Cash Withdrawal: Baxi charges a flat fee of ₦30 for each cash withdrawal transaction made through the POS system.
- Airtime Recharge: When you recharge airtime using the Baxi POS, there is a charge of ₦1.50 per recharge transaction.
- Data Purchase: For data purchases made through the Baxi POS, there is a charge of ₦1.50 per recharge transaction.
- Bank Transfer: Baxi applies a flat fee of ₦10 for each bank transfer transaction conducted using their POS system.
- Bill Payment: When you use the Baxi POS to pay bills, such as utility bills or other services, there is a flat charge of ₦10 per bill payment transaction.
In addition to the transaction charges, Baxi also imposes a monthly maintenance fee of ₦1,000. This fee covers various services, including software updates, customer support, and other maintenance-related expenses.
Baxi POS Daily Target
Baxi POS does not have a fixed daily target but instead focuses on the revenue generated by the merchant.
The revenue target set for the merchant is used to determine the commission rate they receive. Merchants who achieve higher revenue targets may qualify for lower commission rates, providing an incentive to aim for higher sales performance.
Baxi POS merchants have access to the Baxi POS app, which allows them to track their daily performance. The app provides insights into the merchant’s total revenue, transaction count, and commission rate. Monitoring these metrics can help merchants assess their progress and make informed decisions to improve their performance.
To improve daily revenue and meet or exceed targets, Baxi POS merchants can consider implementing various strategies:
- Increasing Transaction Volume: Merchants can focus on increasing the number of transactions processed through the Baxi POS terminal. This can be achieved by promoting the convenience and benefits of using digital payments, offering incentives for customers to use the POS system, or exploring partnerships to attract more customers.
- Boosting Average Transaction Amount: Merchants can aim to increase the average value of each transaction by upselling or cross-selling complementary products or services, introducing loyalty programs, or offering bundled deals to encourage customers to spend more.
- Promotions and Discounts: Implementing periodic promotions, discounts, or special offers can help attract more customers and incentivize them to choose the merchant’s establishment over competitors.
- Enhanced Customer Service: Providing exceptional customer service can contribute to customer satisfaction, loyalty, and positive word-of-mouth recommendations. This, in turn, can lead to increased customer retention and potentially higher sales.
By employing these strategies and monitoring their performance through the Baxi POS app, merchants can work towards meeting and exceeding their revenue targets, thereby maximizing their commission rates and overall profitability.
Baxi POS Machine Price
The price of a Baxi POS machine depends on the model and the features you choose. The basic Baxi POS machine is priced at ₦20,000. This machine allows you to accept payments from debit and credit cards, as well as perform bank transfers and bill payments.
If you are looking for a machine with more advanced features, you can opt for the Baxi POS Pro. The Baxi POS Pro is priced at ₦30,000 and offers additional functionalities such as accepting payments from multiple mobile wallets (e.g., Flutterwave and Paystack), generating sales and transaction reports, and connecting to a printer for receipt printing.
For businesses that require even more advanced features, the Baxi POS Max is available. The Baxi POS Max is priced at ₦40,000, but specific details about its features were not provided.
Baxi POS Requirements
To obtain a Baxi POS, there are certain requirements you need to fulfill. These requirements may vary depending on your location and the specific policies of Baxi. Here are some common requirements to consider:
- Agent Registration: To get a Baxi POS, you need to register as an agent. This typically involves providing your personal information such as name, address, phone number, and valid identification documents.
- Bank Account: You will need to have a valid bank account. This is necessary for processing transactions and receiving payments from customers. Ensure that the bank account is linked to your registered agent account with Baxi.
- Bank Verification Number (BVN): Baxi may require you to provide your Bank Verification Number (BVN) during the registration process. The BVN is a unique identification number linked to your bank account and helps verify your identity.
- Smartphone or Tablet (for mPOS): If you are opting for the Baxi mobile Point of Sale (mPOS), you will need a compatible smartphone or tablet to install the Baxi POS app. Ensure that your device meets the minimum requirements specified by Baxi.
- Android POS Machine (if applicable): If you are obtaining an Android POS machine, ensure that you have a suitable location to place the machine and a stable power supply. The specific requirements for the Android POS machine may vary, so it’s advisable to refer to the guidelines provided by Baxi.
- Internet Connectivity: A stable internet connection is crucial for processing transactions using the Baxi POS system. Ensure that you have access to reliable internet connectivity, whether through Wi-Fi or mobile data, depending on the POS device you are using.
- Documentation: Baxi may require you to provide certain documentation during the registration process. This can include identification documents (e.g., national ID card, passport, or driver’s license), proof of address (e.g., utility bills or bank statements), and other documents as specified by Baxi.
If you are not sure if you meet the requirements for a Baxi POS machine, you can contact Baxi customer support for more information.
Which POS has no daily target?
There are a few POS providers that do not have a daily target. These include:
- Paystack: Paystack is a Nigerian payment processor that offers POS solutions. Paystack does not have a daily target, so you can use their POS machine without worrying about meeting a certain revenue goal.
- Flutterwave: Flutterwave is another Nigerian payment processor that offers POS solutions. Flutterwave also does not have a daily target, so you can use their POS machine without worrying about meeting a certain revenue goal.
- VoguePay: VoguePay is a Ghanaian payment processor that offers POS solutions. VoguePay also does not have a daily target, so you can use their POS machine without worrying about meeting a certain revenue goal.
How to become a Baxi POS agent?
To become a Baxi POS agent, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a valid business registration certificate: This is to verify that you are a legitimate business owner.
- Have a valid ID: This can be a driver’s license, passport, or national ID card.
- Have a valid phone number: This will be used to verify your identity and to send you notifications about your transactions.
- Have a valid email address: This will be used to send you invoices and other important documents.
- Have a bank account: This is where your Baxi POS earnings will be deposited.
- Have a physical location: You must have a physical location where you will be using the Baxi POS machine.
Once you have met these requirements, you can apply to become a Baxi POS agent. You can apply online or through a Baxi authorized reseller.
What is the transaction limit for Baxi?
The transaction limit for Baxi depends on the type of POS machine you have. The basic Baxi POS machine has a transaction limit of ₦50,000 per day. The Baxi POS Pro has a transaction limit of ₦100,000 per day. And the Baxi POS Max has a transaction limit of ₦200,000 per day.
How much does POS charge for 100000?
The cost of using a POS machine to process a transaction of ₦100,000 varies depending on the POS provider and the type of transaction. However, in general, you can expect to pay between ₦100 and ₦200 for a transaction of this size.
How much is POS machine transaction fee?
The POS machine transaction fee varies depending on the POS provider and the type of transaction. However, in general, you can expect to pay between 2.5% and 3.5% of the transaction amount.
In conclusion, obtaining a Baxi Point of Sale (POS) system opens up a world of possibilities for businesses seeking to embrace the digital payment revolution and streamline their operations. Throughout this guide, we have explored the key aspects of acquiring a Baxi POS, including charges, daily targets, POS machine prices, and requirements.
Understanding the charges associated with the Baxi POS system is crucial for making informed decisions. From transaction fees to monthly subscription fees, considering the costs alongside the potential benefits and features helps determine the value the Baxi POS brings to your business.