Are you tired of the traditional way of opening a bank account in Nigeria? Well, I’ve got some exciting news that will make your banking experience a whole lot easier.
Thanks to the digital revolution, several banks in Nigeria now offer the convenience of online account opening. Say goodbye to long queues, paperwork, and endless forms.
With just a few clicks on your computer or mobile device, you can open a bank account from the comfort of your own home. Whether you’re looking for a savings account, a current account, or specialized banking services, these online banks have got you covered.
Get ready to embrace the future of banking with this list of banks that offer online account opening services in Nigeria. Let’s get started!
Requirements to open bank account online in Nigeria
Although each bank has its own requirements, however, there are general requirements to open a bank account online in Nigeria. It doesn’t matter the bank you choose, you just need to meet the requirements below;
- Valid Identification: You will need a valid form of identification, such as a National Identity Card, International Passport, Driver’s License, or Permanent Voter’s Card. Some banks may also accept the Temporary National Identity Number (NIN) slip.
- Personal Information: You will be required to provide your personal details, including your full name, date of birth, residential address, and contact information.
- Bank Verification Number (BVN): Most banks in Nigeria require a BVN for online account opening. BVN is a unique identification number issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to help verify your identity and prevent fraud.
- Proof of Address: You may need to provide proof of your residential address. This can be in the form of utility bills, tenancy agreements, or a letter from your employer. Some banks may accept electronic copies of these documents, while some banks allow manual input.
- Passport Photograph: You will typically be required to upload a recent passport-sized photograph during the online account opening process. The photograph should meet the bank’s specifications in terms of size, format, and resolution.
- Email Address and Phone Number: You will need a valid email address and phone number for communication and account verification purposes. Make sure the email and phone number you provide are active and accessible.
- Internet Banking Application: Depending on the bank, you may need to download their mobile banking app or access their online banking platform to complete the account opening process.
list of banks you can open online in Nigeria
Below is the list of banks you can open online in Nigeria;
- Zenith Bank: Zenith Bank offers online account opening through its “Zenith Bank Mobile App.” With the app, individuals can open savings accounts, current accounts, and access other banking services.
- Access Bank: Access Bank provides an online account opening service called “Access More.” It allows individuals to open savings accounts, current accounts, and access other banking services through their mobile app.
- First Bank of Nigeria: First Bank of Nigeria offers online account opening through its “FirstMobile App.” Individuals can open savings accounts, current accounts, and enjoy other banking services digitally.
- United Bank for Africa (UBA): UBA offers online account opening through its “UBA Mobile Banking App.” Individuals can open various types of accounts, including savings and current accounts, using the app.
- Opay: Opay is a popular digital financial platform in Nigeria that offers a range of services, including mobile money, bill payments, and peer-to-peer transfers. While it primarily functions as a digital payment platform, it provides convenient financial solutions through its mobile app.
- Kuda: Kuda is a digital-only bank in Nigeria that allows customers to open and operate fully functional bank accounts through its mobile app. With Kuda, you can enjoy features like a free debit card, budgeting tools, seamless money transfers, and more. It aims to provide a modern banking experience with no hidden fees or charges.
- Palmpay: Palmpay is a digital financial platform that offers various services, including mobile money, bill payments, and peer-to-peer transfers. While it may not specifically allow account opening without a BVN, it provides convenient digital financial services through its mobile app.
- V Bank: V Bank is a digital banking platform in Nigeria that provides online account opening services. With V Bank, individuals can open savings accounts, access virtual cards, and enjoy features such as goal-based savings and expense tracking through their mobile app.
Conclusion on list of banks you can open online in Nigeria
Opening a bank account online in Nigeria provides a number of benefits, making it a convenient and efficient option for people looking to manage their finances. Online banking eliminates the need to visit a physical branch and saves you valuable time by allowing you to open an account from anywhere, at any time.
By using online banking, you gain access to a wide range of services and features that improve your banking experience. Everything is just a few clicks away, from checking your account balance and making transfers to paying bills and monitoring transactions.
Furthermore, online banking provides enhanced security measures to safeguard your personal and financial information. With encryption and authentication protocols in place, you can rest assured that your data is secure.