You might have been going through severe issues with how to retrieve BVN without a phone number. Well, I am delighted that you are here.
This article will guide you through how to do that without any stress, so all you need to do is sit back and read through this article.
If you try to understand the content, you will know how to solve the issue that has been giving you a tough time, and by the end of this article, your problem will be fully solved.
WHAT IS BVN
The full meaning of BVN is a bank verification number. It is a biometric identification system used by the central bank of Nigeria to stop illegal banking transactions. It always contains 11-digit numbers that are unique to everyone.
BVN is also like a security number but is only meant for banks and other financial institutions for the purpose of knowing your customer (KYC)
ALSO READ: Best Online Banking Apps in Nigeria
It is given to the individual by the bank and attached to each individual’s bank across all their banks.
How to Retrieve BVN Without a Phone Number
In this situation, where you do not have the SIM you used in registering with your bank, it may be stolen or misplaced.
Then you need a phone number to retrieve your BVN. Relax.
There are simple steps you need to follow to retrieve your BVN without the sim attached to it, which are
- Use the internet: This is best for someone who has access to the internet. This will save time and cost so far all you need is your smartphone. Well, before this can be done, you ought to have registered your bank’s internet banking platform. Once you have registered, you log in to the banking internet dashboard. Your BVN will be displayed on the dashboard; this method is free, and you won’t need your mobile number.
- Use a mobile app: The second one is the mobile app, every bank has a mobile banking app that helps their customer carry out their transaction without visiting the bank at any time. So while trying to retrieve your BVN, you can go to play store on your android phone, and on your ios device, you can go to your app store and download your mobile bank app. Then you register it then, log onto your mobile app it will also be displayed on your dashboard too, but if you can’t find it you can contact customer care through the mobile app and ask for your BVN or tell them you can’t find your BVN in the app this method is also totally free all it cost is just your phone and data connection.
- Visit the bank: The third step is visiting the bank. This step is for someone who has no access to the internet. They have no choice than visiting any of your bank’s branches. When going to the bank, you must go to the bank with any means of identification and your account number because without those things, your BVN can’t be traced.
NB: The number linked to the BVN must be changed in a situation where the sim is stolen or misplaced
STEPS TO BE TAKEN IN CHANGING BVN PHONE NUMBER
If you wish to change your BVN, but you don’t have access to the phone number you use to register it, the steps below will help achieve that;
- An affidavit
Before going to the bank to change the mobile number linked to BVN, there must be an affidavit because the bank will ask for it before carrying out any operation.
The affidavit must show a declaration statement that you own the misplaced phone number and you do not have access to it again so as for the bank to accept that you truly own the number truly.
- Any means of identification
you have to go to the bank with any of the following means of identification driver’s license, birth certificate, national id card, international passport
- Go to any branch of your bank
After all these documents have been acquired, head to any bank with those documents and request for change of BVN phone number. Note that you must know that the number that you use for receiving alerts may be different from the number linked to your ban
- Validate your BVN: after all these processes, you will be requested to validate your BVN, your biometric will be captured, and after all the processes, you will get a notification after 24 hours, and your BVN will be successfully linked to your new phone number.
Conclusion on How to Retrieve BVN Without a Phone Number
If you need to retrieve your BVN but don’t have a phone number, there are a few options available to you which have been explained above.
Alternatively, you can reach out to the company directly and ask for a retrieval code, or you can try contacting them through social media. If you’re unable to get in touch with the company directly, then Social Shield is a great resource that can help locate lost or stolen devices.